Best of the South: Louisville to New OrleansIntrepidUpdated Jun 24, 2022
Why we like this deal:
Get a real taste of the south on a eleven-day journey through Kentucky and Tennessee. Kicking off in the flourishing city of Louisville, uncover a progressive food scene, visit a Shaker Village and learn how to cook a classic New Orleans dish. Journeying south, learn the tricks of the trade during a visit to a bourbon distillery before continuing to the country music capital of the world, Nashville, Tennessee. Here you’ll line dance in honky tonks, take part in a recording session in the Country Music Hall of Fame, feast on barbecue and of course sample some bourbon!
A spirit-lifting adventure in Kentucky and Tennessee
- Take a Historic walking village tour with a local guide at a Shaker village followed by a farm to table lunch.
- Pay a visit to some of Nashville’s most photogenic and colourful murals with a stop along the way for Mimosa and Donut tasting.
- Earn your place in the Country Music Hall of Fame as you take part in a recording session with a professional sound engineer at the iconic Studio B in Nashville.
- Discover a kitschy world of Southern glitz and glamour at Graceland, the home of Elvis Presley and his final resting place.
- Get to know the real New Orleans during a walking tour that celebrates the city’s jazz music heritage, stopping off at some lively venues along the way.
- It doesn’t get much better than Southern food – learn how to cook a classic New Orleans crawfish boil for a true taste of Louisiana.
- Join a local Black-owned business for a tour of the Whitney Plantation, where you’ll get a sobering glimpse at what life was like for those enslaved on a Louisiana sugarcane plantation.
Budget Travel readers get 15% OFF
Use Intrepid coupon code: 691016
Read Terms and Conditions